[postgis-users] PostGIS plugin Mac OS X

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Apr 2 10:47:05 PDT 2011

> Hello all,

>My name is Ahmad. I am new to PostGIS and to this mailing list. I have
> installed PostgreSQL on Mac OS X 10.6.6. I was able also to install
PostGIS
> through Stackbuilder. When I open Pgadmin III, the plugin menu does not
have
> the PostGIS option as it should appear. Can someone help me with this
> please.

Ahmad,

Not all distributions come packaged with the gui loader.  I suspect the
MacOSX Stack builder one doesn't.  Can anyone who has a Mac OSX stack
builder confirm that?

However OpenGEO als has a distribution for Mac OSX.  Given the amount of
effort Paul spent to get the GUI to work on Mac, I suspect there's does have
the GUI loader.  So give that one a try (I know the windows version of
OpenGEO has the gui loader).  I think it installs on a non-standard port, so
you could probably just copy the gui loader from that install.

http://opengeo.org/products/suite/compare/

http://repo.opengeo.org/suite/releases/community/docs/OpenGeoSuite-2.3.3-REA
DME-mac.pdf

Hope that helps,