[postgis-users] Converting meters to another unit

Richard Gomes rgomes1997 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 21:45:35 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm a newbie on PostGIS and GIS in general.

Reading section "Taking Advantages of Indexes" at
     http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2638955

... I became confused regarding how I could retrieve points which are
distant up to 500 meters from a given point.
The question is actually how I can transform 500 meters onto some some
other figure on a unit I don't understand very well what it is about. I
need this calculation in order to determine a Box3d like the article
suggests.

Thanks a lot and regards,

--

Richard Gomes