[postgis-users] (no subject)

Richard Gomes rgomes1997 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 10:17:57 PDT 2011

Hi,

I suggest you try "double precision" instead of "numeric".
 From Java perspective, "double precision" is a double whilst "numeric"
is a BigDecimal, which consumes much more memory and network bandwidth
than double. You could also consider "real" instead of "double
precision", which maps to Java floats, if you don't need much accuracy.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/datatype-numeric.html

I hope it helps

Cheers :)

Richard Gomes
http://www.jquantlib.org/index.php/User:RichardGomes
twitter: frgomes

JQuantLib is a library for Quantitative Finance written in Java.
http://www.jquantlib.com/
twitter: jquantlib