[postgis-users] Proper usage of Schema's

Tomas_Lopes at URSCorp.com Tomas_Lopes at URSCorp.com
Fri Aug 12 12:07:03 PDT 2011

Hello all,
I have been using PostGIS personally for years but now need to do a
professional instance in an environment used to accessing data within Esri
File GDBs.  They are caught up on "Datasets" for organization.  I
understand
their point and I am trying to support this.
My Question is this:  Can I use Schemas as a way to seperate the data into
"datasets" to mimic the Esri organization?  is this a proper use of
schema's
within PostGIS?  If not, any alternatives that might mimic the Esri
Datasets
functionality?
THnaks so much in advance.