[postgis-users] Missing template_postgis file

bac at brucecallander.com bac at brucecallander.com
Sun Aug 14 00:10:30 PDT 2011

I have downloaded and installed PostGIS 1.5 on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard v10.6.8 (having pre-installed Postgres 9.0, Geo 3, Proj ..)

I am using the Getting Started instructions in Geoserver in order to create a PostGIS table, but I have been unable to create a test database using the template 'template_postgis'.  The system can't find the template file.  I have searched for the file 'template_postgis' using the Unix 'locate' command but without success.

I have searched the web to see if I can download 'template_postgis' on its own but found nothing.

Grateful for any advice. Please note that I am relatively new to Unix on the Mac so don't assume too much background knowledge.

Bruce Callander