[postgis-users] Postgis rasters in OpenLayers?

Vishal Mehta vishal.mehta at sei-us.org
Mon Aug 15 11:25:47 PDT 2011

Thanks Dave, Pierre,

There were a couple of reasons for my qn:

For an earlier application, we used postgis as a map repository and geoprocessor, php to interact dynamically with the map repository and perform gis operations, R to create graphs, and google earth as the visual frontend. http://108.195.205.37/kml/DataGrid.kmz

So I wanted to check if with OpenLayers instead of Google Earth as the client, I could do the same and just have a sparse geospatial stack.

Another reason is that we'll need to find a hosting provider and are wondering if we can find one with all the capabilities or flexibility to put up experimental versions of software and have all these individual software hosted.

One other qn I had was : Can Geoserver 'speak' with Postgis 2.0 rasters?

Thanks again!