[postgis-users] Help dumping data from an old database

Chris Gat chris.gat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:33:28 PDT 2011

Hey Everyone

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for the late response (I set my filter up
wrong so I wasn't seeing the new messages right away). When I saw Charles
message I realized I could just drop any geometry type columns from from the
relevant tables and I would be able to dump. Basically what Paragon said,
but with a bit more labour. So I backup'ed the original data directory,
dropped the columns, and was able to dump. Had to fiddle around to a bit to
get the restore to work, but I did.

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it.

Chris