[postgis-users] Windows 64 bit builds

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 22 15:32:03 PDT 2011

> I see that there are no prebuilt binaries for Windows 64 bit. Are there
issues with Win 64 or just lack of resources to do build and packaging?

Yes.  We are having trouble getting Win 64 to compile all the dependencies
needed under MingW and VS

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiWinMingW64

The VS is probably mostly our eneptness at dealing with solution files.
Though the solution files from 1.4 are probably so antiquated they would
need a ton of work to get them to work for 2.0 so MingW seemed like the
easiest route.

For MingW we got stuck at the GEOS compile stage.

Any help of proficient windows builders would be greatly appreciated and we
would be willing to continue the packaging once we get over this hump.

Thanks,

Leo and Regina

http://www.postgis.us <http://www.postgis.us/>