[postgis-users] Batch geocoding (~2 mil addresses)

Ravi ada raviada at dobeyond.com
Thu Dec 1 06:04:33 PST 2011

Thanks all for the suggestions. I am migrating this process to a bigger
machine which has 16GB RAM and faster hard drives. I will incorporate these
changes once the migration completes.

There are two things I got so far I need to do.
1) use pgScript to commit every 500 or 1000 updates
2) send explain analyze to http://explain.depesz.com/ further evaluate the
query plan

I will keep you posted guys..

Thanks