[postgis-users] Preparing for Topology - St_CreateTopoGeo

Chris English sglish at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:33:53 PST 2011

In your experience, it there a method to predict where failuremight occur, or some characteristics of offending geometries...
I continue to run samples, some large, some small in hopesof isolating.  Right now running a large sample ie. edge 41330 splitted at face 064551200 or so ms into the process.  Tends to slow other processes downon my box.
I was just wondering if through the multitudinous process of st_split, addface, addedgemodface,if a progression of small remainders from the splitting (or others) get carried forwardthat would fault st_createtopogeo as it gets around to updating {left,right}_face fields and the like.
01771 /*******************************************************************************
01772  * GEOS-dependent extra functions on LWGEOM
01773  ******************************************************************************/
01774
01782 LWGEOM* lwgeom_buildarea(const LWGEOM *geom) ;01791  * Split polygon by line, line by line, line by point.
01792  *
01793  * Returns all components as a collection.
01794  * First element of the collection is always the part which
01795  * remains after the cut, while the second element is the
01796  * part which has been cut out. We arbitrarely take the part
01797  * on the *right* of cut lines as the part which has been cut out.
01798  * For a line cut by a point the part which remains is the one
01799  * from start of the line to the cut point.Again, I note the 'arbitrarily take the part on the right' and wonder if there is some carried remainder thatmesses up face boundary edges down the line as these are run after repeated splitting and addedgefacemod operationshave been registered in what I assume to be a temp table before finally being tested for their true merit as topologies.
Anyway, my computer continues to search.  If I was smarter, I would construct a sieve scein and run this 100 polygonsat a time, tossing successful topological populations and creating tables for the failures, this process is looking forwhat fails.Chris> Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:06:23 +0100> From: strk at keybit.net