[postgis-users] Preparing for Topology - St_CreateTopoGeo

Chris English sglish at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 20:59:14 PST 2011

On error, a problematic point is indicated, but it refers to the indexbeing developed by splitting and doesn't refer to the original, offending row oidof the source file being processed to help tracing.
Sometimes a geom or geom range is returned that I tried to use previously to focus in on the possible problem, unsuccessfully thus far.
Attached a file which may or may not be of interest, two smallishshape files that successfully became topologies independently,but failed when I attempted to combine them.  One multi-ploygon,one linestring.
A log of my approach is included, which is probably the source oferror.
I will address myself to noding and St_<functions, with tolerances>to see if I can clean better before topology.
Chris