[postgis-users] PostGIS and updating table through a view

Thierry Gonon thierry.gonon at chronoterre.fr
Fri Dec 9 02:46:17 PST 2011

Hi all,

My problem is the following :
I use a view joining 2 tables, one for the geometry, the other for the data (due to the fact that datas are changed regularly by another process, through a DUMPALL)

When (in QGIS) I change the geometry of a vector, it doesn't work, asking me for a rule...
I've created the following rule :
CREATE RULE maj_sites AS ON UPDATE TO "vue-sites" DO INSTEAD UPDATE sites SET the_geom=NEW.the_geom;
My problem lies in writing the WHERE condition, because, actually, the rule put every vector with the same geometry.
During the same edition session, I'll have to change (create or modify) several vectors...

Any idea that can help ?
It's probably a tricky thing, but didn't find the way...

Thierry Gonon
OA Méditerranée
Direct number / Numéro direct : 00 33 4 86 87 02 29
Extension : 1829

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net