[postgis-users] Tigerdata for AZ, AS and VI

Ravi ada raviada at dobeyond.com
Mon Dec 12 17:04:38 PST 2011

Thank you Steve. I downloaded AZ files again and loaded fine but others are
still the same problem. According to your explanation that should be ok.

I got the postgis database loaded for all states now. I have about 3 mil
addresses, may not all be normalized, which I am trying to batch geocode
them. I am using the example mentioned in this link.
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/181-pgscript_intro.html

I am even using 100 as a batch, my update query is too slow. Its updating at
1500 per hour. That's too slow, I will never be able to finish them.

I have 16GB RAM, and 7200 rpm disk partitioned to hold the postgres table
spaces. I am not sure what makes it run faster. Anybody has done so many
addresses before? What makes the performance go faster? I am attaching the
query and query plan here. www.pastie.org/3008194

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi Ada