[postgis-users] Tigerdata for AZ, AS and VI

Ravi Ada raviada at dobeyond.com
Wed Dec 14 06:06:44 PST 2011

Regina,

Thanks so much for the reply. I ran the missing_indexes_generate_script(),
actually it did not return anything, I am assuming all the indexes are in
place. That may be because I ran install_missing_indexes() earlier. I changed
the debug flag in geocode_address and it produced a very long query that it
runs to geocode the address. I tried to cut and paste the query to run the
plan, I am getting errors, I will figure that out.

My question is, do we use gecode or geocode_address for faster querying? I
noticed that geocode_address takes the normalized address where as geocode
takes address as string parameter. By adding additional normalize_address
function when doing the geocode_address akes it run any faster?

Thanks
Ravi Ada

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 04:18:27 -0500, Paragon Corporation wrote