[postgis-users] Dropping the PostGIS Java components

Maria Arias de Reyna marias at emergya.com
Wed Dec 21 04:13:50 PST 2011

El Miércoles, 21 de Diciembre de 2011, Sandro Santilli escribió:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:32:03AM +0100, Maria Arias de Reyna wrote:
> > El Miércoles, 21 de Diciembre de 2011, Sandro Santilli escribió:
> > > Is there anyone using the Java components of PostGIS ?
> > > We're wondering if we should just drop them as they
> > > are not really maintained by anyone.
> > > Maybe every Javaist is using some other components ?
> >
> > What are exactly the Java components of PostGIS? The java jdbc driver?
>
> The java/ subdir of PostGIS source tree:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/browser/trunk/java
>
> There is a jdbc subdir in there but I dont know more than that.

I don't know about the ejb* and pljava directories, but the jdbc driver should
stay there as it should be the "default" way to access a postGIS database from
Java. For example, the HIbernate Spatial extension uses this driver[1].

Are you sure there is no-one maintaining it? Yesterday there was a commit[2].

Anyway, if you need someone to maintain it, I can take a look as I am
interested on the continuity of this driver.

[1]http://www.hibernatespatial.org/
[2]http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/8481/trunk/java/jdbc

--
María Arias de Reyna Domínguez
Área de Operaciones

Emergya Consultoría
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 / +34 607 43 74 27
Fax: +34 954 51 64 73
www.emergya.com