[postgis-users] speeding up simple pt-in-poly lookups

Martin Davis mtnclimb at telus.net
Thu Dec 22 21:09:50 PST 2011

That's what I meant by "size'.  That's quite a difference!  And would
definitely explain the performance improvement.

One other thing I'm curious about.  Is the coordinate system is
lat/long?  In which case the buffer distance of 0.75 is quite large,
isn't it?  Is that going to possibly produce incorrect results?