[postgis-users] Installing a fully functional PostGIS 2.0 on

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Tue Dec 27 19:34:37 PST 2011

THX1138 wrote:

> > Thanks for your help on this, I really appreciate it! When building gdal
> 1.8
> > or 1.9 what dependencies/drivers/configuration options are needed for
> > postgis2.0 to function correctly if any?

THX,

I have notes on my own builds at
http://www.wildsong.biz/index.php?title=PostGIS
for Debian and Ubuntu. Hopefully you find them useful, they are written
primarily to jog my own memory. Please ask for clarifications and I will
expand.

I went the route of removing all standard GIS packages and building
everything so that I'd have the latest versions of everything, so I have
gdal 1.9 w/ support for ESRI file and personal geodatabases and so on. Now
all I have to do is learn how to use it all.

--
Brian Wilson
Corvallis Oregon

"My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never
happened."
-Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)