[postgis-users] basic functionalities of PostGIS

ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΟΣ ΛΕΛΕΝΤΖΗΣ lelentzisapostolos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 03:12:58 PST 2011

Birgit, thanks for your reply.
Lately, i had no time...so now i deal with postgis!
Before, i run the sql file, i had noticed that you define your SRID code
(31467). Here can i put the SRID code of my data??
Then, i execute the sql file, and i type the following command for union two
geometric tables:

select _pgunion('test1', 'poly1', 'id poly1', 'poly2', 'id poly2');

but, i got an error message:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "integer"
LINE 1: ...sec_poly1_poly2 (gid serial PRIMARY KEY, id poly1 integer, i...

^
QUERY:  CREATE TABLE test1.intsec_poly1_poly2 (gid serial PRIMARY KEY, id
poly1 integer, id poly2 integer );
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "_pgunion" line 34 at EXECUTE statement

why?? from this message, i understand that the problem is the type of column
id of the table poly1, is it??
could you help me for another time??
I suppose that i don't build with the right manner my data, so would be
useful if you send me an example, namely, a backup file.
So, i 'll see the indexes, and anything else is required.

Thanks in advance
Apostolis