[postgis-users] Support for 3D spatial filtering operations on3D geometry instances

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Feb 22 17:45:30 PST 2011

Farrukh,
We do have some  3D spatial relationship functions implemented.  I haven't
played with them too much yet so feel free to and report issues.

Or are you not talking about these.  Right now we do have ST_3DDWithin,
ST_3DIntersects etc thouggh it's not quite the same as the filtering
ST_Within, ST_Contains and currently piggy backs on a 2D index instead of a
3D index.  We hope to have 3D spatial index implemented before PostGIS 2.0
release, but that is not a promise.

These do work with all 3D geometries (except for TINS)  we have thus far.

Nickllas can correct me if I misspoke.

Please refer to the documentation if you haven't already
http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/reference.html#Spatial_Relat
ionships_Measurements

Thanks,
Regina