[postgis-users] How to set up a db for editing in postgis?

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 22:30:39 PST 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware that I need to set up the spatial_re and geometry columns in order to
store spatial information.
My question was set in the context of specifically trying to edit the geometry.

I have set up a postgresql database with postgis and I can import a shapefile
into it.
For some reason though I cannot edit the data through wfs-t and I am wondering
if it to do with permissions/restrictions etc. If I try to edit the shapefile
directly through geoserver it works ok.

which permissions and rights should be adjusted to enable editing in the
database?

yours,

Robert