[postgis-users] job opportunity for a web project

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Fri Jul 1 08:34:33 PDT 2011

[Hopefully, it's OK to post job opportunities to this list.  It seems as
though PostGIS is central to getting this job done, though I am not sure.
Mapserver also may have a role.]

I'm looking to hire someone to help on a web project I'm working on.  We use
Postgres/PostGIS as the database, MapServer as the map engine, and
OpenLayers/GeoExt as the javascript mapping framework on the front end.
Server-side: PHP/Python, Windows, Apache.

The project involves displaying numerous spatial data layers on a map with
common functionality; this part has already been done, (see attached for a
screenshot.)    However, we need to add several specific tasks, such as:

- display subsets of points based on a certain criteria selected by user via
radio-buttons
- based on mouse click, return values of the polygon or raster grid cell
clicked within
- use attribute of a clicked polygon to perform queries/reporting from other
tables
- if a groundwater well is click on (points), then display time series graph
of data
- based on user selected criteria, select points and return as line and
display on map

If you would be interested in this opportunity or think this post would be
more appropriate on another list, please let me know.  It's fine with me if
any work done is shared back to the community.  Start date is anytime,
sooner the better.  Thanks.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey