[postgis-users] converting to lat long

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Tue Jul 12 06:12:30 PDT 2011

Looks like you already have lat/long coordinates and don't need to use
ST_Transform.  Make sure you know if the original values are in 'decimal
degrees' or 'degrees minutes seconds'.  If in DD, just divide your values by
100 which should be easy in SQL.  If in DMS, then you need to parse the data
first.  I'm not sure how to do that in SQL but sure it's possible.

- John