[postgis-users] Question - Connect, retrieve, and store WMS data in my postgis database?

Carlos DaPonte cdaponte at synergyenvironmental.ca
Tue Jun 7 12:24:08 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I’m new to postgis and its capabilities.  I’m working with many sources of data, some of which are 3rd party WMS  feeds that update daily.  I would like to connect to these 3rd party data sources through postgis/Postgres to update my database on a scheduled basis and to conduct spatial queries against it and my data. The results of the queries are then displayed in user database forms as summary reports.  Is this possible to connect to a WMS feed, retrieve, and store the data to my database using postgis?

Thanks for the help!
Carlos