[postgis-users] How do you use PostGIS Raster?

Santosh Gaikwad santosh at osgeo.in
Fri Jun 10 03:48:58 PDT 2011

Dear Pierre,

We have used WKTRaster for vector raster analysis for ESA. Then we have put
the results on the web. If you click on search option the website which I
have given then you will see a dialog box which has criteria where you can
select ESA option and then select any of the western ghat state and provided
5 min and 1 min data (right now we just have 1 min data for Goa state) and
after doing search it displays the result in coloured grid. If you click on
it, then you get the rank values which shows how important that grid from
ESA point of view.

I am also ready to share the methodology which we have used. Basically we
have used your tutorial as a guideline.
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRasterTutorial01 Its very useful tool
though we have faced some little problems.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh