[postgis-users] Viewer plugins of PostGIS --HELP

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:51:17 PDT 2011

I have used RT SQL for the exact case that you have outlined.  I have
a vector 'grid' that I connect to a very large data set.  It allows me
to store the geometry in one place and then connect the features with
the values for one analytical parameter for a particular date for
visualization.

I have also done a similar thing with MapServer.  I have a simple Web
app that passes parameters for the date and the analyte to MapServer,
which writes the query, hits PostGIS, and then renders the image.

David.