[postgis-users] QGIS - PostGIS - ArcGIS Interaction

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jun 15 11:40:50 PDT 2011

James,

You can use shp2pgsql command line packaged with PostGIS.  It automatically
renames columns for you by adding digits to the end of duplicated 10char
names

So something like

pgsql2shp -f myshapefile -h myserver -u apguser -P apgpassword mygisdb
"SELECT * FROM incidents WHERE urgency = 'Immediate' AND
date_time_of_arrival - date_time_unit_assigned > '00:12:00' "

http://www.bostongis.com/pgsql2shp_shp2pgsql_quickguide_20.bqg

Leo
http://www.postgis.us