[postgis-users] Postgres service refuses to start on windows

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jun 19 08:59:16 PDT 2011

Roman,

Try checking your pg_log folder in your PostgreSQL data folder.  That
usually gives reason for this error.

If the problem is even before it can write, then that's a more serious
issue.  You might want to just reinstall PostgreSQL.  Reinstalling will keep
your data as is so you should be okay.

Last time I had issues on windows was with a client.  It turned out his
Anti-Virus decided certain dlls in hist PostgreSQL folder were suspicious
and just deleted them.  Well that was my guess anyway
since half the files I recognized were missing and he had recently updated
his virus signature.

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us