[postgis-users] Nearest neighbor spatial join

Sheara Cohen Sheara at calthorpe.com
Mon Jun 20 17:20:16 PDT 2011

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone knows a process for finding the nearest
point from one file to each point in another. I have a point file with
several hundred thousand records (file A, let's say) and I need to add a
field to it that has, for every single record, the ID of the nearest
point located in another file (file B).

Does anyone know of a script or a series of commands that can be used to
perform this operation?

Thank you!

~ Sheara

Sheara Cohen
Planner

C A L T H O R P E  A S S O C I A T E S
2095 ROSE STREET, SUITE 201, BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA, 94709 USA