[postgis-users] Problem with ST_intersects

James Sewell James.Sewell at lisasoft.com
Mon Jun 20 20:50:12 PDT 2011

Hello All,

I think I have found a bug. For the data attached the following commands yield interesting results, with the output of ST_intersects seemingly changed by the where clause.

  plm25=> select  a.id, ST_intersects(a.the_geom, b.the_geom) from apoly as a, aright as b where a.id = 1954 or a.id =2034 order by id;
    id  | st_intersects
  ------+---------------
   1954 | f
   2034 | t
  (2 rows)

  plm25=> select  a.id, ST_intersects(a.the_geom, b.the_geom) from apoly as a, aright as b  where a.id = 1954 or a.id =2033 order by id;
    id  | st_intersects
   1954 | t
   2033 | t
  (2 rows)

Anyone have any ideas why this might be so?

----
James Sewell
Solutions Architect
Ardec International