[postgis-users] Database design for LIDAR data

Shaun Langley shaunlangley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:39:53 PDT 2011

Hi Howard,

I think this is an excellent question!  I'm actually in the process of developing a manuscript that outlines the different methods for storage and querying of spatial data such as LIDAR.  In my situation, I'm leaning towards using triggers to create dynamic views that would allow me to simultaneously query all tables of a given type.  I intent to explore a variety of different storage types though... I would love to hear about what you decide to do!  Keep in touch!

Cheers,
Shaun