[postgis-users] Tiger Geocoder 2010 setup issues

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:45:33 PDT 2011

Daniel Weitzenfeld <dweitzenfeld <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to setup the TIGER Geocoder, following the readme here:
> http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/trunk/extras/tiger_geocoder/tiger_2010/README
> I'm setting it up on a centos 5.5 server.

As a completely different approach, not yet organized, here is some code I wrote:

https://gist.github.com/885803#file_tiger_postgis_loader.sh

It probably won't run as-is, or be completely obvious, and it will probably
require you edit which state you are downloading near the top of the script, but
it might be helpful nevertheless.  I would happily answer any questions about
it.  I had hoped to get it to be purely command line driven (instead of fiddling
with variables in the script itself), but I haven't had time.