[postgis-users] Tiger Geocoder 2010 setup issues

Daniel Weitzenfeld dweitzenfeld at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:40:32 PDT 2011

Thank you for all your help - I got it to work!

For posterity, the postgis-related fixes I made:
-unmarked the ALTER DATABASE line in create_geocode.sh
-changed pg_hba.conf to trust, trust, trust
-tweaked a file with a name like "postgis conf" to allow access on port
5432
-added the projections.sql file to my postgis-enabled db

I also had a bunch of silly problems related to my mediocre linux skills,
e.g.
-wget wasn't working because I didn't have permissions to create a directory
-I hadn't installed unzip

Basically I was in over my head but I surfaced.  The precision from the
geocodes I've run so far has been really amazing, good stuff Regina and Leo!