[postgis-users] Securing postgis

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 08:42:17 PST 2011

On 02/03/11 16:30, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> Humm. Ok.
>
> I'm unfamiliar with geography_columns.  What is the security
> model?  Can anyone do anything like with geography_columns?
>
> If it's a view then would it be possible to put triggers
> on the underlying tables?  Where would I look in the code?
>
> Thanks.

It's still under discussion, but the view is generated automatically by
querying the system catalogues to pull out the spatial columns (i.e. it
can't be altered, but users will be able to see other users' spatial
columns in there).

This means that AddGeographyColumn() and DropGeometryColumn() can just
add/remove the column from the table directly, so this can only happen
on tables for which the current role has SQL permissions.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk