[postgis-users] images in postgresql

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 02:38:44 PST 2011

Hi,

I am just experimenting at the moment with a project and could do with some
advice.

I have created a database which contains photos of Windturbines.  I also have a
postgis database with the locations (points) of the wind turbines and would like
join the photos to the points via a link table or foreign key.

As you can tell, I haven´t too much experience with postgresql and relational
database design. But i can imagine that the task should not be too difficult.

I am just a bit unsure how to go about it. The photos are on the linux server
and the creation of the table and the insert of the image was successfull. But
how do i get the  join and how would I display this photo in a geoext project?

thanks for any tips,

Robert