[postgis-users] images in postgresql

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 00:19:52 PST 2011

Thanks for all the replies.

My Wind turbine table will only have around 300 - maximum 500 points. The photos
shouldn´t change until either a turbine vanishes or gets repowered (ie.
upgraded).

I am pretty new to postgis so when you all start talking about TOAST I start
thinking about food rather than data formats. TOAST, Large blob, OID...how do I
decide? As the images will be (hopefully) displayed over the web and they
shouldn´t be more than 50 kb each. They are simply there to display a nice
picture when someonw clicks on the map.

The table will however be updated with new turbines and we will certainly find
errors so that some will have to be deleted or moved.

Would it be easier to keep them all in one table rather than in separate tables?

yours,

Rob