[postgis-users] raster2pgsql vs gdal2wktraster ...can someone clarify?

AJ7 ackbar at ackadij.com
Mon Mar 14 08:05:11 PDT 2011

Hi
Can someone please clarify as to which script should be used to convert a
raster tif to a postgis raster table?

I have only got the gdal2wktraster script (I am on snow leopard, with
postgres 9).

Also, if I have got a raster image with each pixel representing a value,
what is the command to export this to a postgis raster table? would this
work (emphasis on the 1x1)?
-> gdal2wktraster.py -r yourimage.tif -t [data_table]  -s 4326 -k 1x1 -I
script.sql

thanks