[postgis-users] Appropriate Update of 2.0 trunk

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Wed Mar 16 03:56:12 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Andreas Forø Tollefsen
<andreasft at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I currently have the 2.0 r6828 installed on my Ubuntu server 10.10
> (postgresql 8.4.7).
> What would be the most appropriate way of updating to the latest revision?
> Backup first i assume?
> Andreas

My bet: get the sources from repository with a Subversion client,
compile them and update your databases (or create a new one) with
postgis.sql, spatial_ref_sys.sql and rtpostigs.sql. It's an easy task
in Ubuntu 10.10

And yes, a backup of your current databases and the lib files
(/usr/lib/postgresql/yourversionnumber/lib/postgis-2.0.so and
/usr/lib/postgresql/yourversionnumber/lib/rtpostgis-2.0.so) sounds
like a good idea :-)

Best regards,

--
Jorge Arévalo