[postgis-users] Geocoder questions (PG 9.0/ Posgis 2.0 SVN)

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:28:40 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to install the geocoder on a windows machine (blech), using the
included batch file (yay).  I have a few questions.... One piece of background:
 I am running postgis within its own schema and setting search_path
appropriately; this usually works just fine, but it might be part of the problem
here.

Sorry for the generality of this post, but I can give more specifics/
cut-and-pastes later.

1.  I am getting an error to the effect that geometry type is not found in a
database, but I am able to find it with \dT and I have successfully installed
postgis in its own schema with search_path.  Any ideas?

2.  Is there a reason the install *.sql functions aren't wrapped in BEGIN/ END?

3.  There are a couple of (other) typos and outdated things -- is there a place/
person to send a patch?

4.  Is this code now sort of officially in the PostGIS trunk?

Thanks again to all for the hard work!