[postgis-users] "Linux" geocoder script ?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Mar 26 11:37:58 PDT 2011

On 3/26/2011 1:39 PM, fork wrote:
> Paragon Corporation<lr<at>  pcorp.us>  writes:
>

>> You might want to also look at the script in the legacy_import folder of
>> tiger_2010.
>
>> That was a script set up by Steve Frost for 2008 when he reworked the tiger
>> geocoder to work with the new shp format.  We couldn't use that because the
>> client we needed to get this to work for
>> Was a windows client and that script is Linux centric.
>
> Yeah, I looked -- extremely interactive (yuck).
>
> (One pendantic note -- "sh" or "bash" are *Unix* centric, not linux -- they are
> the standard on Freebsd, etc).
>

>> So check out the function - loader_load_staged_data in tiger folder   and
>> you'll see what I mean
>
> I use  it -- I basically generated a script with the select statement and then
> started to work it over.  I think the problem is that Tiger 10 has a very
> different schema than the parent table in tiger_data.  Not sure yet....

Tiger 2010 release did change the name of files and directories in the
release and some of the column names also changed. I just went through
having to update a bunch of scripts I use for processing Tiger because
of this. And the implication of the changes is such that you can expect
this on every release because the names in question have to do with
identifying which release the data is from.

Sorry, this is vague, I don't have the changes in front of me at the moment.

-Steve