[postgis-users] "Linux" geocoder script ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sun Mar 27 02:14:00 PDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 07:05:48PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> Sorry to bring the whole money thing, but I feel people tend to lose sight
> of that, that most of the PostGIS development team contributes back stuff
> they were getting paid to work on and also work  in general that has no
> strategic value to be kept behind closed doors.

I'd like to point out that, personally, I think there's no strategic value
in keeping any code behind closed doors.
This is actually the first reason why I'm refusing jobs.
Especially frustrating when potential employers are public bodies,
funded in turn by citizens, and wasting their money on proprietary
software licenses rather than public, open doors, development.

Of course it depends on what your strategy is aimed at.
Sharing, IMHO, makes everyone richer.

--strk;