[postgis-users] postgis socket name problem

Vincent De Groote vdg.encelade at gmail.com
Mon May 2 04:12:39 PDT 2011

Hello,

Yes, the Postgresql server is running.  This really seems to be a socket
name problem:

- the server created the "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" socket
- pgsql2shp tries to connect using '/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432'

If I create a link from /var/run/postgresql -> /tmp, pgsql2shp connects
successfully.

The pgsql2shp program seems to connect to the database using a standard
postgresql api call, so I don't understand how this can happen.
I searched a hardcoded string '/var/run/postgresql' in the postgresql
sources, but I didn't find it.

Vincent