[postgis-users] gridded data

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Mon May 9 08:55:41 PDT 2011

This does sound like a job for PostGIS raster in v2.0.  I hope to do the
same in the near future.  You can query values (ST_Value) and perform other
functions listed here

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/RT_reference.html

Generating maps from PostGIS rasters would come through GDAL (MapServer,
Quantum GIS) and others.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey