[postgis-users] [postgis-devel] Infinite loop in st_intersects - because of incorrect data out of st_transform?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu May 12 03:10:05 PDT 2011

On 12/05/11 09:35, Sandro Santilli wrote:

>> Like I said - we want the underlying fix, but I do beleive we want the
>> fix in PostGIS *as well*.
>
> We surely want the fix in ST_Translate, or whatever _produced_ the inf
> coordinate.
>
> Not sure we want to refuse to accept inf coordinates though,
> as long as ST_IsValid can catch them, but most importantly
> as long as you can have them in your backups...

Yes - the issue was that we were trying to get out of Frank what the
correct behaviour should be to engineer a better fix. See
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2011-March/029125.html
for the relevant thread.

If you could follow this up on the PROJ.4 list, that would be greatly
appreciated.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS