[postgis-users] Invisible Table

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Wed May 18 11:39:59 PDT 2011

Hi

I imported a shape file using the QGis shapefile to PostgreSQL tool.

The resulting table appears as normal on the PGAdmin Object Browser and in QGis as spatial geometry.

However the table is not existing according to a simple sql query. Other tables are seen with no problem.

The only difference I can detect is when the table name in the Object Browser is highlighted the SQL Pane shows quotes around the table name in the Create Table statement.

The other tables, self created not imported, do not have the quotes around the table name.

Would these quotes be the cause of an sql query not being able to see the table??

Bob