[postgis-users] Help Needed For State Border Crossing Calculation

rajeev singhal rajeevsinghal79 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:20:41 PDT 2011

Dear All,

We are working on a project where we have a requirement to calculate the
miles driven by a vehicle statewise. Driver can
drive the vehicles in multiple states of the country and we have to show
miles driven in each state of the country.

We are getting GPS Coordinates of the vehicle every 1 sec. and State Border
Data will also get available, Now my query is:

1. In what format should i ask for State Borders data that will be easier to
store in PostGIS database.
2. How to find compare GPS Coordinates data that is coming every 1 sec with
State Borders data to find the GPS Record that corresponds to Border
Crossing.

Plase help and thanks in advance for support.

Regards
Rajeev Singhal
Mobile: 9911345702