[postgis-users] Trouble with shp2pgsql-gui?

MarkW mark.wimer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:09:08 PDT 2011

John - SET CLIENT.... is the beginning of a larger SQL statement. The
error says the SQL statement failed, "...sql begins:"
and then later down the error dump indicates a connectivity issue -
which you later identified as the probable cause.
So it is not saying the encoding is the failure, just that that was
first line in SQL block submitted to pg server.

Mark