[postgis-users] Problem on finalizing installation of PostGIS 2.0

Giannis Giakoumidakis ggiakoumidakis at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 05:25:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm very new to databases and i try to install Postgis 2.0 extension in xubuntu (OSGEO Live DVD 5.0). After a successful configure, make and sudo make install (for the install i'm not quite sure) I try to do this:

> createdb <your_database>
> createlang plpgsql <your_database>
> psql -U <your_user> -f postgis/postgis.sql -d <your_database>

and the last command returns many: psql:postgis/postgis.sql:1634: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

and also many: psql:postgis/postgis.sql:6446: ERROR:  type "geometry" does not exist
DROP FUNCTION

and of course no raster functionality appears in pgAdmin. What i'm doing wrong, can anyone help me or give me link with help? Is there another way to activate the raster postgis from inside the pgAdmin?

And a last question: does anyone can tell when approximately the new PostGis 2.0 stable will be released?

Thanks.