[postgis-users] Query on
rajeevsinghal79 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 04:57:26 PDT 2011
I imported the US State Border Shapefile data in postgres and on running the
select * from us_state_bounds;
Following columns are returned
gid id length geometry(MULTILINESTRING)
My query is:
1. What is the significance of GID Column here (is it just used for
2. Geometry Column is MULTILINESTRING but i found on googling that Border
Data is a PLOYGON. How can i convert MULTILINESTRING to
3. Whar SRID should i use. Will default -1 work?
4. I have a different table that contains point data that i needs to check
with border data to find which points lie on border. Should both POINTS
and POLYGON geometry should have same SRID?
5. For finding the points that lie on border i am planning to use
ST_CONTAINS function. Is it correct.
Thanks in advance.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the postgis-users