[postgis-users] ST_Intersection Raster error

joel brown joel at loticwater.com
Tue Oct 11 17:59:27 PDT 2011

Hi all, I am just starting to experiment with postgis 2.0 and its raster
support.   When I run the following query:

select st_intersection(r.rast, v.geom)
from ned r, test_line v
where st_intersects(r.rast, v.geom)

I get this error:

ERROR:  lower bound of FOR loop cannot be null
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "_st_intersects" line 103 at FOR with integer
loop variable
PL/pgSQL function "st_intersection" line 4 at assignment
SQL function "st_intersection" statement 1

My build is SVN revision 7959.  The ned table consists of about 1800 100x100
tiles.  The test_line table contains one record with a linestring geometry.
 Both the tiles and the linestring are in the same projection (EPSG 4326).

Does anyone have any insights into what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Joel