[postgis-users] compiling PostGIS 2.0 SVN on OS X Lion

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:32:12 PDT 2011

Thanks Nicolas. Unfortunately, I am not using the kyngchaos packages. Instead, I am installing everything from MacPorts. I have gdal with Python bindings installed (at least, I think so), yet, I get

RASTER: Raster support requested
checking for GDAL >= 1.6.0... found
checking for GDALFPolygonize in -lgdal... no
checking for GDAL Python bindings... not found
configure: error: GDAL Python bindings required by raster2pgsql.py loader

I am not quite sure how to convince the .configure script that I do have gdal w/Python, OR, determine that I really don't have it.